The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

TTRMOMG 01 Coal fires

Thought I might try a little series on things that remind me of my grandparents. Both sets lived in Newport (Crindau and Corporation Road) until the males died and the nans were moved into sheltered accommodation. Back in the old houses there were coal fires, though the Bradys abandoned their at some point. I was always getting in trouble for poking the fire or burning newspaper in it.

No comments: