The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lebanese Loop

I learned a new word recently. I went to get cash from a hole in the wall the other day and the machine was rather slow so I cancelled my transaction without entering my pin. When I retrieved the card something like the above came out too. I immediately guessed the machine had been tampered with. Behind me were a smartly dressed man and woman who I assumed were queueing to use the machine but I think now they were looking to see me key in my pin. I took the contraption to the supermarket whose machine it was and had a brief explanation from them. You can read more here. Men invent ways of doing evil the Bible says.

No comments: