The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

More on the IPC Catalyst Conference, etc



Greatly enjoying the IPC Catalyst Conference here in Ealing. Yesterday I skipped the session introducing the International Presbyterian Church. My father-in-law Geoff Thomas took myself and two others for a pizza. An interesting moment was when I asked Dick Gaffin if he had known the Westminster teacher E J Young. This is the equivalent of someone asking me if I know Geoff Thomas. He was very kind about it. Apparently the conference next year will be June 18-20. That means it won't clash with the EMA which will be June 25-27. I shoud mention that another joy this week has been stocking up bookwise courtesy of the Evangelical Bookshop, Belfast.

No comments: