The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting November 6 and 13 2019

 

I see I've let another two of these pass without comment. With another due tomorrow that's as far as behind as I ever get. There is no loss of enthusiasm on my part or that of the few that attend. We have carried on looking at the first chapter of 1 Timothy and calling out to the Lord in prayer. A baby has been born to members and that was something to give glad thanks for. Nothing remarkable to report but then so often it is like that in the Christian life. We plod on. Numbers vary, of course, but not radically.

No comments: