The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

North Yorkshire Bible Rally Darlingon



It was my great privilege to preach last night at Geneva Road, Darlington. I guess there must have been about sixty of us there. It was good to enjoy fellowship with the minister, Mark Rowcroft, who chaired and who, with his wife Abi, kindly gave me warm hospitality. Mark was a student here in London many moons ago. I preached on Proverbs 23:17, 18. You can see the service here on Youtube. It was nice to see my commentaries on Proverbs and Song of Solomon on sale at the bookstall, courtesy of the Old Temperance Bookshop, Reeth. (Darlington is in Durham so technically not quite in N Yorkshire!). You can find the service here.

No comments: