The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Wedding in Devon


Last Friday Eleri and I made our way down to Devon. We stayed overnight in a nice AirBnB in South Molton attending on the Saturday a wedding near Braunton on the Ash Barton Estate (more here). The marriage was between a Nigerian lady, Uyo and an Englisham, Richard. We have known Uyo and her family many years. It was a wedding of mixed cultures then but it worked well and we hope that bodes well for the future. A very pleasant day. After the civil ceremony, I spoke from Colossians 3:18, 19 in quite clear terms, I hope. Eleri enjoyed meeing the harpist who was there. A Welsh speaker, of course. (I think this is the right one).

No comments: