The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Days January 22 and 28 2023


I'm not sure how I've got quite so behind but I have somehow. I am not opreaching in Childs Hill this Lord's Day but I was  preaching throughout January. The last two Sundays in January were given over to sermons in the morning from Luke 13. We looked at the barren fig tree and the woman bent over for 18 years who Jesus healed. In the evenings I took a second text from Leviticus, looking at thescapegoat, and then a one off from Psalm 32:5. The pattern continues to be a good sized morning congregation and a small evening congregation. Ipreach for about 30 minutes at both services. Attendance is a little sporadic. You never know quite who is there. These last two Sundays we have enjoyed giving and receiving hospitality between the services.

No comments: