The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 21 20223


I had to ophne the doctor first thing. I failed to get an appointment but was then able to get a ring back and that happened fairly soon so all tothe good Started on one of my birthday books - the one from my sister on camoflage. Very interesting. Had lunch in West Hampstead (and a coffee). In the evening we watched the final episode of Steeltown murders a fac based drama about murders in Port Talbot in the seventies on the BBC.

No comments: