The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting September 23 2026

Bondi

It was a delight to be with the folk at the Childs Hill Baptist midweek meeting last Wednesday. We were nine in the room and another five online. I read from Romans 1 and prayed and then gave some feedback on the trip to Australia. I spoke about the three churches attended and some of the lovely Christian people we met. It is encouraging to think that others are labouring as we are but on the other side of the world. We then spent some time in prayer. Good to be there again.
Blue Mountains
Lamington (Australian cake made from squares of butter cake or sponge cake coated in an outer layer of chocolate sauce and rolled in desiccated coconut.)


No comments: