The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

John Toshack

I hear that 62 year old John Toshack is about to retire as Wales manager.
I have seldom watched professional football live but I remember my dad taking me to see Toshack play for Cardiff City at Ninian Park against Bury. (It was April 7 1969 the wonderful internet reveals. Cardiff won 2-0). Toshack at 20 was in his prime and looked to me like an American football player. What a player!
They used to sing "Johny, Johnny Toshack, na na na na na na."

No comments: