The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Six in one day

One of the things about blogging is that you tend only to blog unusual things rather than usual ones. I should really be regularly blogging about Sunday and Wednesday meetings but I don't.
One odd thing today was that I saw six members of the congregation (excluding my own family). It's true that I saw two at a morning prayer meeting we had arranged but the others were more random - two in a car heading somewhere, one off to the shops and another just at random in Golders Green. It wouldn't be remarkable in a village but here in London it is fairly unusual, sadly. Eleri took a seventh shopping but I didn't see him.

No comments: