The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

TTRMOMD 10

So here's my final one of these. It's a dance floor. My dad was a life long dancer (as was my mam) 14-late seventies anyway. Dad wa always keen on a good floor. I remember seeing this place in Pontypool he used to dance at on Saturday nights and expressing doubts about it. "Lovely floor" was his answer. Sadly, I haven't followed in his dance steps having two left feet and no real sense of rhythm.

No comments: