The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Free Wales Harmony

I enjoyed this introduction to Welsh pop and rock music on Radio 4 recently. Tebot Peuce, Edward H Dafis, Catatonia, etc. It's mostly outside my knowledge though I'd heard of most of the talking heads (Dafydd Iwan, Caryl Parry Jones, Meic Stevens, etc) I remember seeing Disc a Dawn sometimes as a kid, a sort of Welsh Top of the Pops. Heather Jones would be on there with the weirdest looking backing band. They even had a boy from Cwmbran on there once, Steve Beck. He used to dress like a rockstar (one glove, high heeled boots, make up) even in Croesy! I saw him once and called him a name and he chased me.  Check out the link here.

No comments: