The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Past diary entry Jan 02 1994

Another past diary entry
The boys (ages 5 and 1) woke me around 6.15 (which didn't please me well). Eleri spent the day in bed and I muddled through making some sort of dinner and taking the boys for a short walk in the afternoon rain. I preached on Psalm 146 and Hebrews 10.20. Several who heard me that day are no longer in this world. There was communion in the morning. I was rather sleepy completing my preparations for these. We relaxed later in the evening, read from Isaiah and hit the hay around 10.30 pm.

No comments: