The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Bourne Legacy

Somewhere amid the business of last week my wife and I were able to slip out to the cinema and see The Bourne Legacy. With a new actor, Jeremy Renner, this the fourth in the series, appeared to stick to the tried and tested formula of previous films and get away with it. I particularly appreciated the chase as it was set in Manila, somewhere I am actually slightly familiar with. I'm not one for action films but we saw the third some time in the cinema and caught up with the first two on DVD so we feel like we have something invested in the franchise. Good for relaxing, Anna Karenina may have been too demanding. Official site here.

No comments: