The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day September 09 2012

I've been a bit slow getting back to the weekly reports I started doing before the holidays. I missed saying something about my first Sunday back last week when I preached on John 3:1, 2a and Romans 12:1. This last Sunday it was John 3:2bc, 3 and Galatians 6:9, 10. Both in the evening service and at an after meeting Virgie Biala from Manila spoke to us about herself and her work for CCM among needy children. It was nice to have so many there for the meetings. The picture shows Virgie and her chauffeur John T Sparrow and a few of us from Childs Hill. For more on CCM see here.

No comments: