The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day October 20 2013

 
 
I always print my sermons out and I do it shortly before leaving for church. Anyway, just occasionally there can be a problem. Yesterday morning was one of those times. I got something printed in good time, however, and it was okay. Only thing is when I stood up to preach page 2 of two and a tiny bit pages wasn't there. That made me nervous but dependent on God and it worked out okay I think. I was quite short but I was going to be short anyway as the passage I had chosen (1 Corinthians 10:14-22) is pretty brief and to the point. In the evening after communion I preached Jonah 3 I was a little tired after being in Cardiff the day before but it was okay. Good congregations morning and evening, though some missing as ever.

No comments: