The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

And Back to Wales Again


Here I am with three of the wonderful women in my life, two of my nieces and my daughter-in-law. We are in the grounds of St Fagan's enjoying mulled wine and mince pies. It was part of an early celebration with my sister and her kids and ours and including Eleri's sister and family. There was some fluctuation but we were as many as 20 at certain points. The weather was good for December and we had a lovely time.

No comments: