The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Retro Album of the Week 21 - Play To Win

Getting a bit out of kilter with this series I guess, but we'll do our best to catch up. Play to win is the fourth studio album by the British singer Gabrielle. It came out in 2004. Gabrielle co-wrote all the tracks. It was not generally liked I fear (too much country and not enough soul, perhaps) but I got on very well with it as did many others. Gabrielle has a great voice and I find the way this album is arranged and produced most satisfying (especially the acoustic guitar). I particularly liked Latchkey Kid and Tumbling down. The War Of Two Minds, Give & Take and Play To win also stand out.

No comments: