The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting September 27 2017

Nine of us gathered last night and most led us in prayer, the men taking the lead. We are still looking at unseen realities and this time we turned to the subject of Satan. I made seven piints from elsewhere and seven from Job 1 and 2. My kindle played up so that made for difficulties. I think we're due a reset. I don't think it was a Satanic ploy but it was one of various hindrances that we meet. Good to know that Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees.

No comments: