The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting May 9 2018


We were together again in the week for our midweek time of prayer and Bible Study. We were short on women as two regulars were out for once. We looked at Genesis 14, always an interesting chapter. One of the main thinsg to see is how central Abram is in the whole thing. We started slightly late and as ever I was a little longer on the Bible study than I might have been but I let the meeting run and so everyone took their turn to pray. These are precious times.

No comments: