The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 41 2020


I did the jeans and T-shirt trick again and made a good start to the day. I didn't bother with a to do list as I was clear in my mind that I wanted to get some reading done. One of many character flaws is that I prefer short books and so I read Mostyn Roberts' little book on Coping with criticism in the ministry and John Fesko's The Christian and Technology which I will endeavour to review at some point. I also read a chunk of Hedden Evil by Eryl Davies, a much bigger book (though not very big) which I started last week. I also watched a bit more Scandinavian Tv from Channel 4 and went out for a coffee. I also got one or two other things done.

No comments: