The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Evangelical Library Lecture on Benjamin Francis


Last Monday (March 14) we had the second of two Spring lunchtime lectures. The first was on John Frith by Norman Hopkins and this one was on Benjamin Francis, which I did myself. Numbers were a little down, probably because the name Benjamin Francis means nothing to most people. I provided a series of visuals to help the listening and we had a little time for questions at the end. He certainly deserves to be better known. I have a blog for him here. Next up is the annual lecture on June 6 on the St Bartholomew's Day Massacre with Dr Robert Strivens, on zoom I expect.

No comments: