The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Inspirational songs with love in the title

1. Love constraining to obedience (Indelible Grace ft M P Jones)
2. O love that will not let me go (Indelible Grace ft Sandra McCracken)
3. O the deep deep love of Jesus (Indelible Grace ft Katy Bowser)
4. I love you (Larry Norman)
5. Without love you are nothing (Larry Norman)
6. Give me a heart to love (Rev Gary Davis)
7. Watered-down love (Bob Dylan)
8. Shot of love (Bob Dylan)
9. Love divine (Maddy Prior and the Carnival Band)
10. Let us love and sing and wonder (Jars of Clay)

No comments: