The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day March 10 2013

We had good congregations morning and evening yesterday and it was nice to have tea together in the afternoon. Preaching was a little difficult, however, in that we were on church unity from 1 Corinthians in the morning (a slighty difficult subject and not I hope a pressing one) and then tackled Numbers 26 in the evening, which is long and difficult. I suppose there is a downside to systematic preaching. I felt pretty tired by the end of the day. It was nice to have several visitors along. Some of our own missing for various reasons.

No comments: