The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Valley Commandos

This professionally made video is worth watching. However, I should add that this is not because there's anything particularly new here as such or because the organisations involved are particularly dear to my heart but because this is the area where I grew up and an area that does have needs. In the interests of balance you ought also to know that on the AECW website here are listed more than 30 good churches, most of them with pastors getting along with the work but with no video to promote them (as far as I know - not enough Korean or American money getting to them I guess). I know some of these latter men (I was in school with one of them). So do add a little salt as I have here.

No comments: