The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day November 3 2013

We began yesterday with communion as it was the first Sunday in the month. Numbers were down throughout the day as it is still half term. I preached on the hats passage in 1 Corinthians 11 and although there are still some loose threads for me I think we made something useful from it. Having come to the end of the short series on Jonah I did a one off in the evening on Onesiphorus, who is mentioned at the end of 2 Timothy 1. I hope it was a blessing to hear. Mp3s go on our church website in due time.

No comments: