The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day November 24 2013

So back in Childs Hill this Lord's Day and back into the series on 1 Corinthians and Esther. In the morning we completed our studies in 1 Corinthians 11 and in the evening we looked at Esther 2. I was saying that we must examine ourselves before eating at the communion and I was trying to outline the difficulties and the challenges of living in a pagan world while urging faith in Christ but it seemed to come over a little flat in some ways. I'm not sure why. It's always good to be with God's people nevertheless.

No comments: