The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Retro Album of the Week 22 - Come away with me

Come Away with Me was the debut album of pianist and singer Norah Jones. It was released by Blue Note Records on February 26, 2002 and I must have bought it six months later after first becoming aware of her when she first appeared on British TV on Parkinson (before I knew she was Ravi Shankar's daughter thankfully). The album was recorded in New York in 2001. It was a great success and won eight Grammy Awards, etc. (At the Grammy Awards she said "I felt like I went to somebody else's birthday party and I ate all their cake. Without anybody else getting a piece. That's how I felt.")

No comments: