The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Gareth Day

The Welsh government has declared today Gareth Day to mark the overnight success of two Welsh Gareths.* First, the legend that is Gareth Edwards (who played 53 times for Wales at rugby) has been awarded a knighthood in the Queen's honours list and then secondly Gareth Bale (on his fiftieth appearance) has scored the winning goal against Belgium that has put Wales top of their table in the European Championship.
*If they haven't they could.
** One of my sons has Gareth as a middle name
*** I have been called Gareth on occasion in jest but it is not my name

No comments: