The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day June 14 2015

I was preaching in Alfred Place Baptist Church on Sunday. My father-in-law was away preaching in Yorkshire. My Son, Rhodri, preached here. I stayed with Eleri's uncle and auntie, who are members of the Welsh speaking church in the town. Others kindly gave me a lift and fed me. Many moons ago I was a student in Aber and it is like a second home to me so it is always good to be there. I preached on Psalm 23 and Philippians 4:4-7. The congregations were a little smaller than usual as most students have gone home by now. I had a lovely time though and hopefully brought some blessing to those present. I had a nice time too on the train as far as Birmingham with another member of the Welsh speaking church, on his way to Newcastle.

No comments: