1. Malchus, servant of the High Priest - in the first century his ear was cut off by Peter's sword as revealed in the Gospels. Thankfully, it was restored by Jesus.
2. Vincent van Gogh - he famoulsy cut off part of his own left ear in Arles in 1888
3. Robert Jenkins, a Welsh Sea Captain - his ear was cut off in 1731 by the Spanish, leading eventually to a war that was later named for his ear
4. Thomas Barrie - In 1538 he was pilloried and had his ears nailed to the pillory. They were then cut off at the end of the day. The punishment was for treason. He died of shock.
5. William Prynne - both ears removed in 1634 for seditious libel
6. Henry Burton - suffered in a similar way to Prynne in 1637 (as did John Bastwick)
7. Evander Hollyfield - he had part of his ear bitten off in 1997 by Mike Tyson in a boxing match
8. John Paul Getty III - the wealthy heir was kidnapped in 1973 and his kidnappers removed one of his ears
9. Clive Mantle, the actor - he had part of his ear bitten off by an attacker in 2014
10. Sean Fitzpatrick, All Blacks rugby captain - he lost a chunk of his cauliflower ear when Springbok Johan Le Roux bit him in a 1994 incident that destroyed the South African's international rugby career.