The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Aber 2018 Thursday

Bit behind here but just to say we had an excellent morning again with Paul Mallard on Elijah (Carmel this time) and then in the evening we had a superlative sermon on Christ's power over disaster, disease, demons and death from Stuart Olyott. I guess simplicity and use of narrative was the aim and that was the case. It did my soul good and refreshed me. Incredibly, not everyone got on with it. The link for Paul is here and for Stuart it is here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You state, "I guess simplicity and use of narrative was the aim and that was the case." Stuart Olyott had specifically requested that youngsters were encouraged to attend the evening meeting and they did! Friends who I spoke to at the conference expressed how much they had been helped by the message.