The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day off Week 34 2019


Unusually last week I had my day off on a Saturday - not ideal in some ways. I had one duty to perform and then something else came up too but these took up a very small part of the day. One of my sons and his wife have been visiting for a few days. We loved having them here and on Saturday we spent the lovely hot day in Richmond Park with them. It took us about an hour to get there but once there we settled in some shade and had a lovely picnic. We enjoyed both the parakeets, which are all over London, and the deer, which are the park speciality. It is amazing how close you can get to both. We also had some nice games of badminton and were treated to a nice ice cream before leaving. The journey back seemed to be much quicker.

No comments: