The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day August 4 2019


We began with communion and then I preached morning and evening on Hebrews 9:22 about the blood of Christ and Matthew 26:47-56 about Jesus's arrest. I thought I might have done better in the morning but it was good to be laying down clearly that it is the blood of Christ alone that can save us. Lots missing as ever, one visitor, plenty of people all told. Good to be there. Spoke to the children about adoption. Started the New City Catechism in the evening and remembered to mention the memory verse at the beginning of the month.

No comments: