The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day off week 38 2019

Sorry to be late with this. It is very busy at the moment and it is hard to decide on things like Days off. Last week it was so busy I did not take an official one but felt I ought to this week. It fell on Eleri's birthday but she was working much of the day. She enjoyed opening her presents when she came home. We talked about going out to eat as a family but in the end we sent out for Domino pizza. Very nice. We two caught up on the itv drama A confession based on real life. During th day I was reading a book recently publsihed called Books fo furnish a painting. Very interesting.

No comments: