The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day off week 39 2019


Not the best organised of days off. I did have a prayer meeting mid-morning with a good turn out. The milk was off so I could not provide the advertised coffee or tea for most but no-one complained. Otherwise I tried to get out of the house and walk and do some reading. I am still trying to finish Hot Protestants by Michael Winship, a history of Puritanism. It is proving harder going than it was in the beginning. I also did some catch up on the TV - the latest editions of University Challenge and Dave Gorman's Modern life is goodish. With Eleri I watched a bit more of The capture (I think it was that). I also did a bit of blogging.

No comments: