The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 4 2024


After a funny old start to the year, I'm trying to get back into a routine so I took the day off on Tuesday in my ususal manner, as best I could. I had an annual check up at the doctor's to start the day and then I spent some time blogging and writing in connection with various projects I am currently working on. I also spent time reading Matthew Roberts' very worthwhile book Pride whcih we are due to discuss next Monday at the Pastors Academy. In the evening I watched some TV. Fool me once is a flawed Harlan Coben thing with a crazy plot but it kept us watching. 

No comments: