The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

GB Slowly getting better


So I am slowly getting better, as is Eleri, though more slowly than me. Having completely missed Sunday January 7 and Wednesday 10 (taken care of by Eddie) I thought I might at least be there on Sunday 14 but I couldn't even manage that and had to listen to Eddie and James Grimwood from the seminary (both excellent) online. Eleri went in the morning but had to go out twice coughing. I am not due to preach next Sunday anyway.

No comments: