The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Gary Brady is not well ...


On the way home from the Carey I did feel a little coldy but nothing serious. Things then began to go downhill and I wondered if I had what Eleri has been suffering with for a while now. I was still determined to preach, however, and got the notices sorted, etc. There was a special evening arranged for our Iranian friends Saturday night and I did pop in to say hello but soon after that I realised I would not make it. Thankfully my assistant Eddie was able to preach in the morning and they had a prayer meeting in the evening. I have continued to be ill since then. Symptoms - bad cough and great weakness. We are both unwell. I left Wednesday night with Eddie too and am not planning to preach Sunday. It is all rather frustrating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your on the mend. A fan of your blogging.