The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

2009 Round up

I'd meant to do some sort of round up to close 2009. Anyway according to my calculations there were some 577 entries last year. The lowest monthly figure was 40 for March and the highest was last January (66). Total visits are now somewhere around the 97K mark (134K in page views). My last daily average was 618 (110 page views). Most visitors are from Europe and the USA. Thanks for the literally hundreds of comments. I know some simply lurk, some contact me off line and some prefer to use Facebook but all the comments are much appreciated. Apologies when I fail to reply as I should.
Series this last year have included the year long one on Calvin, a short one on Gwent Castles and the continuing ones on Rock 'n' Roll and shoes. There were also ones on Prayer, Sovereignty and Responsibility, Bold Miriam, Holiness and Book buys plus the occasional "Hymn of the week". One or two series are rather in abeyance. There were lots of entries about visiting my dad, of course, and my visit to the Philippines various videos and pictures. I also reported on our Children's Holiday Bible Club different conferences, including (in reverse order) Westminster, the JOC Calvin Conference, Aber, Grace Assembly, Affinity and the Carey.
Well, that gives you the flavour. It's rather eclectic but appreciated by some I trust. Here's to blogging 2010.

No comments: