The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Baptisms




I think I've mentioned before that with the blog there is a danger that the less significant things get covered and the really significant ones missed. For various reasons I haven't yet spoken of last Sunday, which was a real red letter day. In the evening I baptised two of my sons who professed faith over the summer. It was great to have so many family there and some of the boys many friends from school. It was a large congregation. I spoke from Jesus's baptism. I must put it on my preached sermons blog. Three of the boys are now baptised. The fourth said he supposed it would be him next but I warned him that there is nothing automatic about these things. Faith is vital in every case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praising God with you.

Family Blogs said...

Praise God indeed.