The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Not seasonal still obscure

This is just a great tune any time of year - thrown up by my ipod this afternoon too.

Whether he or the others were drinking
There would still be plenty on the table.

chorus:
The drink would be in my love's hand
Here's to the health of the chief
The drink would be in my love's hand

A boat was seen on the waves
and the red hand at the helm

I saw it passing through the straits
with a clump of heather on the sail-yard

You who saw her out at sea
Bless the fair ship and her crew

Bless her high masts and her equipment
Her moorings and her sails

Though I am here in Coll
I long to go to Rhum

And from there to Uist
Were I to get my wish.

No comments: