The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Foundations online

Those who have not yet seen will be interested to know that the Affinity journal Foundations is now available online. See here. This edition contains the papers given at the last Affinity conference and rather inadequately reported here at the time.
I remember getting my first copies of Foundations personally from the then editor Eryl Davies. It was made up of sheets of paper bound with a plastic clip along the spine. I was a student in Aberystwyth at the time. Things move on.
Glad to commend it (except the cover which seems to me out of keeping with the name of the journal though it looks very nice! ;-)).

No comments: