The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

To be Frankel

My wife and I did something unusual last Saturday. We sat down to watch a horse race on TV. It was the Champion Stakes at Ascot. We had heard people raving on the radio in the morning going on about Frankel and it turned out to be convenient for us to watch the race, which he won pretty easily, despite being last out of the starting gate. That's 14 wins out of 14 starts. There is something wonderful about seeing someone, or on this occasion, some horse ,as good as everyone says he is. My old dad would have enjoyed seeing it. The Queen certainly did.
Just noticed I blogged on Frankel once before here.

No comments: