The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Things seen (normal human beings)

I was in a  local shopping centre recently and as I was coming up the escalator this woman called down to her husband or boy friend hurrying him along to something she wanted him to be with her on. She urged him to keep up with her "like normal human beings" - this as she and her partner literally ran through the centre. "Normal human beings" are not a common reference point for me as they are for some but I did wonder if her language was justified.

No comments: