The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting October 28 2015

We took a break from the tree theme last night as it is half term here and I wasn't sure who would be there - although trees still came into it as I wanted to look at the incident of the floating axehead in 2 Kings 6. I read the story again the other day and thought it would be good to go back to and an encouragement to those who were there. The passage encourages to see that God is concerned even about our seemingly smaller issues and we can go to him and seek help in Christ who rose up from the dead. There was plenty of time for prayer and most took advantage.

No comments: