1. 1:4 Then the LORD sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up.
2. 1:7 Then the sailors said to each other, "Come, let us cast lots to find out who is responsible for this calamity." They cast lots and the lot fell on Jonah.
3. 1:15 Then they took Jonah and threw him overboard, and the raging sea grew calm.
4. 1:17a Now the LORD provided a huge fish to swallow Jonah,
5. 1:17b and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
6. 2:10 And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.
7. 3:10 When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he relented and did not bring on them the destruction he had threatened.
8. 4:6 Then the LORD God provided a leafy plant and made it grow up over Jonah to give shade for his head to ease his discomfort, and Jonah was very happy about the plant.
9. 4:7 But at dawn the next day God provided a worm, which chewed the plant so that it withered.
10: 4:8 When the sun rose, God provided a scorching east wind, and the sun blazed on Jonah's head so that he grew faint. He wanted to die, and said, "It would be better for me to die than to live."