The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek meeting November 9 2016


There were 11 of us last night at the midweek meeting to look at the next part of 2 Timothy 4 - verses 9-15. I spoke on enemies, friends, creature comforts and books. The enemies were Demas and Alexander the metalworker, the friends Timothy, Mark, Luke, etc and I said that creature comforts are okay to some extent and books a great help. Under the first heading I mentioned Jonathan Edwards the former triple jumper and Rob Bell the former evangelical preacher. Sad stories and sobering. We had an encouraging time of prayer when most prayed.

No comments: