The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting Wednesday December 7 2016

I really enjoyed Wednesday night's meeting - not that I don't normally but it was an especially positive time this week. That is probably because of more than one thing. First, just getting there prepared was demanding with two days given over to the conference this week. The other thing was the subject matter, Psalm 122, which is about God's people - being with them, being impressed by them and praying for them. I am enjoying these songs of ascent. I've not preached them before. We had a good time of prayer too.

No comments: